2020 Pink Tie Guys deliver a special Valentine to the community
Twenty-two men from Austin, Tyler, and Waco devoted the day before Valentine’s Day to fundraising for the Central and East Texas breast cancer community. In this Pink Tie Guys campaign, each set a personal goal, donned a pink tie for the day, and used online channels to fundraise as much as possible in one day.
Collectively, in just 24 hours, they raised more than $27,000 for Susan G. Komen® Greater Central and East Texas, which in turn funds breast cancer treatment assistance, research, education, advocacy, and more. The top fundraisers in each city were Brian May (Austin), Bryan Campbell (Tyler), and Kris Radcliffe (Waco).
The annual event provides an opportunity for men in Central and East Texas to show support and solidarity for their women in their lives—and in their community—who have been affected by breast cancer. On February 13, each of the 22 participants wore a pink tie generously donated by Kim Pfeiffer and men’s clothier J. Hilburn.
The 2020 Pink Tie Guys were:
- Blake Ahearn, Head Coach of the Austin Spurs
- Brian Casey, Attorney at Law, Casey Law Group
- Dr. Lee Chilton III, Emergency Medical Physician, Physicians PremiER Emergency Room
- Jason Cohen, Founder and CTO, WP Engine
- Ryan Dennison, SVP Capital Markets and Investor Relations, American Campus Communities
- Dr. Bob Foster, Orthopedic Surgeon, Texas Orthopedics, Sports & Rehabilitation Associates
- Daniel Hunter, Athletic Coordinator and Head Football Coach, Anderson High School
- Lance Kelly, Strategic Executive, The HT Group
- Ryan Leahy, Leahy Lending
- Brian C. May, Austin Market President, Vista Bank
- Bob Magee, Chief of Staff and Director of Client Engineering Operations, Dell Technologies
- Scott O’Brien, Director of Wealth Management, WorthPointe
- Brian Schoenbaum, Founder, Vuka
- Paul Terracina, The Gents Place
- Stephan Werbeck, Master Jeweler, Caleesi Designs
- David Yeomans, Meteorologist, KXAN TV
- Carlton Allen, Program Director, Department of Community Health, UT Health Science Center at Tyler
- Casey Brown, Finance Manager, Peltier Subaru
- Bryan Campbell, Executive Vice President and Senior Wealth Advisor, Southside Bank
- Gene Chilton, Owner, Timber Wolf Land Clearing and Field Services
- Michael Coleman, Sports Director, KLTV News
- Kris Radcliffe, News Anchor, KCEN TV
In 2019, Komen Greater CETX’s Pink Tie Guys raised more than $34,000, surpassing the original goal of $30,000. Last year’s lead Pink Tie Guy in Austin was Brian C. May, Austin Market President at Vista Bank, who fundraised more than $4,700 of that total. The 2019 lead Pink Tie Guy in Tyler was Dan Crawford, Principal at Robert E. Lee High School, who fundraised nearly $3,700. This is the first year that Waco participated in the campaign.
The event’s presenting partner was Jaguar Land Rover of Austin. Local partners in Austin included Whitestone Fine Jewelry, Kim Pfeiffer-Image Trainer/J. Hilburn Men’s Clothiers, Sushi Zushi, and Stonehouse Vineyards. Tyler partners were blue House of Jewelry, The Humidor, Azalea Catering Company, Hand & Stone Massage Tyler, and The Pink Rose Salon.