Support For You
Breast cancer can be scary and confusing, both for those diagnosed and for their family and friends. It’s important to have a strong support network to help with the physical and emotional demands of this disease. Remember, you are not alone. There are many support services available to assist you on this journey, including:
- If you need breast health services or resources and reside in one of the counties we serve*, please do not hesitate to contact us at 512.473.0900. You may also view a full list of Komen Greater CETX-funded health care here.
- Susan G. Komen® partners with CancerCare® to offer the Komen Treatment Assistance Program which bridges the gap for underserved individuals who are actively undergoing breast cancer treatment.
- Download the Komen Greater Central & East Texas Discount Prescription card to help you afford your medications.
- It can be hard to know what to ask your doctor regarding your diagnosis, treatment, follow-up care and more. Check out our Questions to Ask Your Doctor page to ensure that you feel empowered to get the individualized care that you need.
- For some survivors, it’s helpful to share the story of their breast cancer journey. If you would like to share your story to empower yourself and others, visit our Share Your Story page.
- If you would like to learn more about what to expect during any part of the breast cancer experience, from screening and diagnosis to treatment and reconstruction, our BC101 interactive tool may be helpful.
- Call 1-877 GO KOMEN, a free breast care helpline, or email email@example.com to receive professional support services for anyone with breast health and breast cancer concerns, including breast cancer patients and their families.
- If you are interested in participating in or learning more about Breast Cancer Clinical Trails visit BreastCancerTrials.org or ClinicalTrials.gov
* Komen Greater CETX serves the following counties: Anderson, Angelina, Bastrop, Bell, Blanco, Bosque, Brazos, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Camp, Cherokee, Coryell, Ellis, Falls, Fayette, Freestone, Gillespie, Gregg, Hamilton, Harrison, Hays, Henderson, Hill, Houston, Jasper, Kaufman, Lampasas, Lee, Leon, Limestone, Llano, Madison, Marion, Mason, McLennan, Milam, Mills, Nacogdoches, Navarro, Newton, Panola, Rains, Robertson, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Saba, Shelby, Smith, Travis, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Van Zandt, Washington, Williamson, & Wood