Susan G. Komen® Greater Central & East Texas is a Texas-based nonprofit committed to saving lives locally and fighting breast cancer globally. Komen Greater CETX is the only local breast cancer organization attacking the disease on all fronts – education, screening, treatment, follow-up care, survivorship support, advocacy, and research. By removing barriers to care for the uninsured and underinsured, the organization serves the women and men of 58 Texas counties who are battling breast cancer.

Map of Komen Greater CETX's 58-county area

The counties served by Komen Greater CETX are: Anderson, Angelina, Bastrop, Bell, Blanco, Bosque, Brazos, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Camp, Cherokee, Coryell, Ellis, Falls, Fayette, Freestone, Gillespie, Gregg, Hamilton, Harrison, Hays, Henderson, Hill, Houston, Jasper, Kaufman, Lampasas, Lee, Leon, Limestone, Llano, Madison, Marion, Mason, McLennan, Milam, Mills, Nacogdoches, Navarro, Newton, Panola, Rains, Robertson, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Saba, Shelby, Smith, Travis, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Van Zandt, Washington, Williamson, and Wood.

Of the funds raised annually, Komen Greater CETX invests up to 75 percent into local community health care grants and educational initiatives; the remaining 25 percent is invested into global research studies to find the cures for breast cancer.

In the last six years alone, our funding has provided more than 66,000 life-saving breast health services to uninsured and underinsured community members. The funds we raise make more breast health services available locally and more research studies possible around the world. No one should die of breast cancer because they can’t access care. We work every day to ensure that survival is the outcome for the women and men in our community and that one day we will find the cures for breast cancer.