Susan G. Komen® Greater Central & East Texas is a Texas-based nonprofit committed to saving lives locally and fighting breast cancer globally. Komen Greater CETX is the only local breast cancer organization attacking the disease on all fronts – education, screening, treatment, follow-up care, survivorship support, advocacy and research. The organization serves the women and men in the city’s five-county area battling breast cancer by removing barriers to care for the uninsured and underinsured. Of the funds raised annually, Komen Greater CETX  invests up to 75 percent into local community health care grants and educational initiatives; the remaining 25 percent is invested into global research studies to find the cures for breast cancer. Since 1999 Komen Greater CETX has invested over $12 million into breast health services and educational efforts in all 57 counties we serve. Additionally, close to $5.4 million has been raised to fund global research studies to find the cures for breast cancer.

In the last six years alone, Komen Greater CETX has funded over 66,000 life-saving breast health services.  Services are provided by local community health care grantees.